RENE FURTERER/ PIERRE FABRE DERMO-COSMETICS
PIERRE FABRE GROUP DATA PROTECTION POLICY
Thank you for visiting our website. Protecting and securing our customers’ and users’ personal data is a key concern for the Pierre Fabre Group.
This Data Protection Policy explains what data is collected when you visit and use our website and how it is processed.
Who are we?
This website (hereinafter the “Website”), is operated by Pierre Fabre Dermo-Cosmetique, 45 place Abel Gance 92100 Paris (hereinafter “Pierre Fabre” or “We” or “Us” or “Our”), who is responsible for processing the personal data that may be collected from you on the Website for the purposes described below.
You are asked to carefully read this Data Protection Policy to find out about the conditions in which your personal data is processed when you visit our Website. Please note that it may be updated at any time by Pierre Fabre. The date of the most recent update will be shown on this page. We therefore encourage you to consult it regularly.
Information we collect about you
Depending on which services provided by our Website you use, your choices and your device settings (in particular, those concerning cookies and other trackers), your personal data (hereinafter “Personal Data”) collected and processed by Pierre Fabre includes, without being limited to, the following:
- When you use our Website, you may voluntarily provide us with Personal Data, including your first name, last name, physical address, e-mail address, telephone number, preferences and interests, and all the contact details needed to reply to your request or resolve any complaint you may have made;
When you visit our Website, our server automatically collects various information generated by the browser or the device, including, without being limited to: the domain name; the IP address; the date, time and duration of your visit; the browser type; the operating system and the pages visited;
We do not use this automatically collected Personal Data to attempt to identify you, nor do we correlate it with the Personal Data you provide to us, described above.
- We may also obtain your Personal Data from third parties.
Purpose of processing your Personal Data
You will find below an overview of the purposes for which we process your Personal Data and the reasons why such processing is necessary for us.
|Purpose of processing||Reasons we need to process your Personal Data|
|To reply to your questions sent by e-mail and through contact forms and chat||In accordance with the legitimate interests of Pierre Fabre to serve its customers and prospects and if such processing is necessary in the context of our day-to-day business activities|
|To provide you with a better service: for example, to find the nearest store or point of sale||To provide a better service to our customers / prospects in accordance with the legitimate interests of Pierre Fabre|
|To manage and optimize customer relations, including by improving our Website and, in a general manner, our products and services||To better meet the needs of our customers / prospects in accordance with the legitimate interests of Pierre Fabre|
|Unless you object, as indicated in the sections “Your rights” and “Cookies” below, to better understand your preferences by analyzing your behavior on our Website and suggest products and services that are better suited to your interests.||To better meet the needs of our customers / prospects in accordance with the legitimate interests of Pierre Fabre|
|To send you information about our products and services, news and events (newsletters, invitations and other publications)||Your express consent|
|To perform statistical analyses||In accordance with the legitimate interests of Pierre Fabre if such processing is necessary in the context of our day-to-day business activities|
|To notify the relevant authorities of any problem relating to the use of our products||Compliance with legal requirements|
The Personal Data that is essential for us to fulfill the purposes mentioned above is indicated with an asterisk on the different Website pages where it is collected. Should you choose not to fill in these mandatory fields, we may be unable to process your requests and/or provide you with the products and services requested. Other Personal Data is purely optional and enables us to know you better and improve our communication and services accordingly. Additional information on the purposes and legal basis of specific processing activities are presented below.
Disclosure and Transfer of Personal Data
We are part of the global Pierre Fabre Group and, from time to time, we may disclose your Personal Data within the Pierre Fabre Group for the purposes mentioned above.
We may also appoint third-party providers (who will carry out their work in compliance with our instructions) to help us provide you with information, products or services, or to lead and manage our activities, or to manage and improve our Website. In such a case, these third parties may need to access your Personal Data.
If your Personal Data is transfered outside the EEA (European Economic Area) to other Pierre Fabre Group companies or to service providers, we will take measures to ensure that your Personal Data enjoys the same level of protection as if it had remained within the EEA, including by entering into data transfer agreements, on the basis of standard contractual clauses approved by the European Commission as updated or revised, or by adhering to certification programs such as the EU-US Privacy Shield for transfers to the United States, or other transfer mechanisms such as, if applicable, adequacy decisions, binding corporate rules or agreements approved by EU Data Protection Authorities.
We may also disclose your Personal Data to third parties in the context of any actual or potential sale of Pierre Fabre, or of any asset belong to us or belonging to affiliated companies, in which case the Personal Data we hold concerning our users may be that of the sold assets.
We will also reply to requests for information, if the law obliges us to do so, or if such disclosure is necessary to protect Our rights and/or bring us into compliance with legal proceedings, a court decision, a request from a regulator or any other legal proceedings brought against us.
Prospecting by electronic means
Where the law authorizes us to do so, and subject to your consent, if required, we may communicate with you by electronic means to present our products and services. If you wish to unsubscribe and longer receive Our messages, please use the “unsubscribe” link in our e-mails or send STOP by SMS to the number indicated, or contact us directly at the address “Contact us” and we will stop sending you messages.
Storage of your Personal Data
As a general rule, we only store your Personal Data for the length of time necessary to fulfill the purpose for which it was collected.
We only store your Personal Data for the length of time strictly necessary for managing our relationship with you (for example, when you open an account or buy a product from our Website, etc.).
However, we store your Personal Data for prospecting purposes for three years from the date of the last interaction between us if you are not a customer, and for as long as we remain in contact with you through our promotional activities if you are a customer, unless you object to this when you receive one of our prospecting messages.
IP addresses collected for security purposes will not be stored any longer than 10 days.
Lastly, the connection logs that are collected will be stored, provided you give your consent, using cookies and other trackers on our Website, for a length of time that shall not exceed thirteen (13) months, in accordance with applicable laws and regulations. For more details, please see the “Cookies” section below.
It is possible we may be obliged to store your Personal Data, in archive format, beyond the length of time indicated below to comply with our legal requirements, or if this is necessary given the applicable limitation period to enforce our rights (for example, all information relating to transactions must be stored for the term of the contract and for 5 years thereafter).
Once your Personal Data is no longer needed, either for its purpose or for archiving to comply with our legal requirements, or for the prescription period, we ensure that it is completely destroyed or rendered anonymous.
The Website may contain links to third-party sites. As Pierre Fabre has no control over the latter, it is not responsible for their data protection practices; we would therefore encourage you to check the data protection policies of these third-party sites. This policy only applies to Personal Data collected by our Websites or in the context of our business activities.
In accordance with applicable legislation, you have the following rights in relation to your Personal Data:
- To obtain a copy of your Personal Data as well as information on Personal Data processing methods and their legal basis;
- To correct inaccurate Personal Data (including the right to complete incomplete Personal Data);
- To delete your Personal Data (in certain cases, this right may only apply when this data is no longer necessary to fulfill the purpose for which it had been collected or processed);
- To limit processing of your Personal Data when:
- The accuracy of the Personal Data is contested;
- Its processing is unlawful but you object to your Personal Data being deleted;
- We no longer need your Personal Data but it is still necessary to establish, exercise or defend a legal claim;
- To request portability of your Personal Data in a machine-readable format for a third party (or for yourself) if our processing is based on your consent or on the performance of an agreement that had been entered into with you;
- To give general or specific instructions on the terms of processing and use of your Personal Data following your death;
- To withdraw your consent for processing of your Personal Data (if such processing is based on your consent) without infringing the lawfulness of any consent-based processing conducted prior to said withdrawal of consent;
- To object to processing for prospecting purposes; and
- To obtain or consult a copy of the appropriate measures taken to transfer your Personal Data to a third country or to an international organization.
In addition to the aforementioned rights, you have the right to object to any processing of your Personal Data that was justified by the legitimate interest of Pierre Fabre, including profiling (unlike if such processing was justified by your consent or in order to perform a contract entered into with you). You also have the right to object to any processing of your Personal Data for prospecting purposes, including profiling.
In addition, you have the right to lodge a complaint with CNIL 3 Place de Fontenoy, 75007 Paris.
To exercise these rights, please contact us using the contact details below in the “Contact us” section. Please note that we may require proof of identity and we reserve the right to charge a fee if authorized to do so by law, for example, if your request is manifestly unfounded or excessive. We will endeavor to respond to your request within the applicable deadlines.
Types of Cookies We use
On our Website, we use several types of cookies for different purposes: these cookies are known as: strictly necessary cookies, performance cookies, targeting cookies and functional cookies. Certain cookies may be provided by a third party to offer additional functionalities on our Website and these are indicated below.
- Strictly necessary cookies: are cookies that are essential for performing an action you request, like logging onto your account. If you reject cookies by changing your browser settings, we cannot guarantee full functioning of our Website during your visit;
- Performance cookies: are cookies used to improve our Website, for example, analyses that enable us to find out how our Website is used and where improvements need to be made These cookies are used to collect information on the way in which visitors use our Website. This information is collected in an anonymous manner and includes visitor numbers, where they came from and the pages they viewed;
- Functional cookies: these cookies improve the performance and functionality of our Website, often following a specific action by the user. For example, we can personalize content presented to you, or store your preferences.
You will find below the list of cookies we use on our Website:
|Purpose||Cookie type||Cookie name||Application name||Storage period|
|Google Analytics||18 months
|Third-party tracking cookie||Permanent||DSID
|Doubleclick Floodlight Tags
|Drupal tracking cookie||Permanent||NSC_WJQ_QG-TJUFTNBSRVFT2-Q-IUUQT
|Third-party tracking cookie||Permanent|| S
Deletion of Cookies
If you reject cookies, we will not place any further cookies on your device, apart from the “functional” cookies explained above (including, in particular, a cookie that stores the fact that you do not wish cookies to be installed when you are visiting the Website).
Please note, however, that if you choose to delete or reject certain cookies, this will affect certain features or services on our Website.
We have a Data Protection Officer who may be contacted at the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Last update: 05/29/2018